Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Kickin' my own ass

I had thrown my singlespeed in the truck earlier in the day out of laziness. The lazy part was I didn't want to change the pedals on my geared bike so I chose to ride the singlespeed. When the time of the day finally arrived to ride I was racing to finish before dark.

On a trail that I can clean every technical spot on my geared bike I was walking sections and stopping to hang onto trees so I could suck in large gulps of air in an attempt to catch my breath. The last time I had felt this winded was when I red lined in a race in the mountains. Perhaps it was the discussion earlier in the day of signing up for the Downieville race that was pushing me to ride faster (and not the approaching darkness).

The Downieville Downhill registration opened last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.